Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw is Box-Toppers Player of the Game in World Series Game 1 Tuesday.
The Los Angeles Dodgers win 3-1 to take a 1-0 lead over the Houston Astros in the best-of-seven game series.
Kershaw struck out 11 over seven innings, allowing one run, three hits, no walks and picking up the win. Kershaw had a Box-Toppers game score of +13.0, highest among Dodgers players.
Kershaw had 23.1 Box-Toppers points in the regular season, third among all players, second among AL pitchers. It is his first Player of the Game honor in the 2017 postseason in four appearances and his first Player of the Game honor since Sept. 1.
Closer Kenley Jansen had the second-highest Box-Toppers game score (+2.0) among Dodgers players (1IP 0H 0R 0BB K Sv). Chris Taylor had the highest Box-Toppers game score (+1.0) among Dodgers batters (HR 1-3 2R BI).
Astros starting pitcher Dallas Keuchel had a Box-Toppers game score of -3.8 (6.2IP 6H 3R BB 3K L). Keuchel had earned Player of the Game honors twice in three previous 2017 postseason appearances.
About Box-Toppers—Box-Toppers tracks who most helps their team win the most games. Using standard box score statistics, Box-Toppers uses a simple formula to determine a Player of the Game for each Major League Baseball game played. That player is the person who contributed most to his team’s win. In regular season games, players earn 1.0 Box-Toppers point for being named Player of the Game and can earn bonus points for being Player of the Day or top player or batter in their league for the day.
Box-Toppers strives for accuracy. See a mistake in a post? A wrong name, wrong team, grammar error, spelling goof, etc.? Thanks for pointing it out! Contact Box-Toppers here. Let's fix it and make it right.
Top Dodgers in World Series Game 1: Dodgers 3, Astros 1Here are the Box-Toppers game scores of all Dodgers who played in World Series Game 1 listed from highest to lowest Box-Toppers game score:
|13.0||Clayton Kershaw W (1-0)||-||-||-||-||7.0||3||1||1||0||11|
|2.0||Kenley Jansen S (1)||-||-||-||-||1.0||0||0||0||0||1|
|1.0||Chris Taylor CF||3||2||1||1||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1.0||Brandon Morrow H (1)||-||-||-||-||1.0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.0||Justin Turner 3B||4||1||1||2||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|0.0||Brandon Morrow P||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|0.0||Kenley Jansen P||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-1.0||Corey Seager SS||3||0||2||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-1.0||Clayton Kershaw P||1||0||0||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-1.0||Charlie Culberson PH||1||0||0||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-2.0||Enrique Hernández LF||3||0||1||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-2.0||Austin Barnes C||3||0||1||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-2.0||Logan Forsythe 2B||2||0||0||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-3.0||Cody Bellinger 1B||3||0||0||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|-3.0||Yasiel Puig RF||3||0||0||0||-||-||-||-||-||-|
World Series Game 2, Dodgers lead Astros, 1-0
Wednesday’s starting pitchers:
Astros—Justin Verlander, 14.7 Box-Toppers points, ranked 16th among all players, sixth among AL pitchers.
Dodgers—Rich Hill, 12.7 Box-Toppers points, 21st among all players, 12th among NL pitchers.
Verlander has made four postseason appearances in 2017, earning Player of the Game honors twice, both in the AL Championship Series:
- AL Division Series Game 1 on Oct. 6—Verlander started and had a Box-Toppers game score of -3.0 (6IP 6H 2R 2BB 3K W) in the 8-2 win over the Red Sox. He did not earn Player of the Game, which went to teammate Jose Altuve with a Box-Toppers game score of +5.0.
- ALDS Game 4 on Oct. 9—Verlander, appearing in his first career relief appearance, had a Box-Toppers game score of -2.8 (2.2IP H R 2BB 0K W). Player of the Game went to teammate George Springer, who had a Box-Toppers game score of +1.0.
- ALCS Game 2 on Oct. 15—Verlander had a Box-Toppers game score of +14.0 (CG 5H R BB 13K W) in the 2-1 win over the Yankees, earning Player of the Game honors.
- ALCS Game 6 on Oct. 20—Verlander had a Box-Toppers game score of +9.0 (7IP 5H 0R BB 7K W) in the 7-1 win over the Yankees, earning Player of the Game honors.
Hill has appeared twice in the 2017 postseason and earned Player of the Game honors once:
- NLDS Game 2 on Oct. 7—Hill started and had a Box-Toppers game score of -2.0 (4IP 3H 2R 3BB 4K W) in the 8-5 win over the Diamondbacks. Player of the Game was teammate Kenley Jansen with a Box-Toppers game score of +3.2.
- NLCS Game 2 on Oct. 15—Hill started and had a Box-Toppers game score of +7.0 (5IP 3H R BB 8K ND) in the 4-1 win over the Cubs, earning Player of the Game honors.
Tracking who most helps their teams win the most games, based on box score stats. A method to measure & compare baseball's top players.
Box-Toppers tracks who most helps their team win the most games. Using standard box score statistics, Box-Toppers uses a simple formula to determine a Player of the Game for each Major League Baseball game played. That player is the person who contributed most to his team’s win. Players earn Box-Toppers points for being named Player of the Game and can earn bonus points for being Player of the Day or top player or batter in their league for the day.